- Lightest - miniumum weight 16 kg - portable instruments for measuring insulating oil breakdown voltage
- Lock in precision - oil vessel with lockable adjustment
- Bright 3.5 inch colour display visable out doors
- Suitable for mineral, ester and silicon oils
- Trip detection circuit with direct measure ment of voltage and current
- Ultra fast (<10 μs) HV switch off time
Megger’s automatic portable oil test sets perform accurate breakdown voltage tests on mineral, ester and silicon insulating liquids. Moulded test vessels give repeatable results in the field and laboratory with lock in precision electrode gap setting adjustment wheels. The transparent, shielded lid is a key feature enabling users to see what is happening within the test chamber.
Megger portable 60 kV and 80 kV oil test sets are the lightest on the market ranging from 16 kg to 23.5 kg depending on model and configuration. They come complete with optional carry bag and transport case.
Monitoring and maintenance of oil quality is essential in ensuring the reliable operation of oil filled electrical equipment. Codes of practice have been established in many countries that include several different types of test on insulating oils.
One of the fundamental tests of oil quality is the breakdown voltage test, which is a measure of the oil’s ability to withstand electric stress. A low breakdown voltage can indicate the presence of contaminants such as water or conducting particles.
Care should be taken to ensure the process of sampling oil and subsequent testing does not in any way contaminate it with foreign objects. Cleaning vessels between oil tests should be a rinse with the next sample, never clean with fibrous materials. To ensure an accurate reading set gap carefully and lock adjusting wheels.